WEDDING VENUE, FOR AN INTIMATE COUNTRY HOUSE WEDDING
“What a fairytale, but better because it’s real.” Jane Shaw
Borrow a piece of history for your country house wedding. Party the night away before waking up to wander the 700-acre estate the next day.
As a Wedding Venue, Clonalis House has all the hallmarks required for a perfect wedding venue: romantic setting, elegant historic house yet relaxed country manor, beautiful gardens, its own chapel and delicious food and wines.
Take your vows beneath an ancient oak tree or in the cosy chapel, this is just one of the many wedding highlights. Post vows, celebrate with elderflower bellinis on the front lawn before dinner for 22 guests is served in the elegant dining room – a traditional, refined affair with candles, flowers, wine pairings and thoughtful menus. Our well-honed kitchen is adept at delivering everything from canapes to five-course menus, that champion top-quality produce from local artisan producers. For larger parties, a marquee in the walled orchard provides ample space.
All this makes Clonalis House the perfect wedding venue.
There are manicured lawns for drinks receptions, an elegant staircase complete with original banister perfect for wedding photographs and you’ll be spoilt for choice outside too, with woods, walled orchard and rolling parkland as stunning photogenic backdrops.
Available for exclusive use, up to 33 can stay and share the excitement, right through to the morning-after bleary breakfast, without having to go anywhere. In addition to the perfect setting as a wedding venue, the experience and attention to detail of the owners give you a personalised, dedicated service, helping you at every stage of the planning process to make it your wedding, your way.
Sit back and enjoy the celebrations and our dedicated team will cater to your needs.
Make a long weekend of it as there’s plenty for wedding guests to do, like golf, tennis, horse riding nearby and clay pigeon shooting and, with daily train services between Castlerea and Dublin, Knock airport just 26kms away and Dublin a two-hour drive, guests can get here with ease.
THE FINER DETAILS
- Exclusive use of the house and grounds for the duration of your country house wedding.
- Drinks reception on arrival.
- Wedding accommodation in the grounds and nearby.
- Chapel on the grounds and several churches nearby including St Patricks Church in Castlerea, St Brigid’s Church in Cloonbonniffe and St Croan’s Church in Ballymoe.
- Civil ceremonies, blessings & humanist ceremonies are welcome.
- Site visit essential.
- Civil marriage subject to approval by the HSE (www.hse.ie). Couples getting married must apply directly to the Roscommon Civil Registration Office (www.civilregistrationservice.ie). T: (090) 6632900. For more information on civil marriages in Ireland contact: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/getting_married/civil_marriage_ceremony.html.
- Humanist and other types of ceremonies and blessings can be held outside. For further information on humanist ceremonies contact: www.humanism.ie.
- Costs vary depending on the style and size of the wedding.
- We invite you to come and explore Clonalis House by appointment, allow us to show you our unique wedding venue and we will be happy to discuss all your requirements including costs.
- Clonalis House is a private house and the perfect wedding venue. Viewings are available by appointment only. Please contact us to arrange a site visit and discuss all available options.
Additional accommodation in the local area
- Tullys Hotel – Castlerea +353 (0)94 9620200
- Armcashel Bed & Breakfast- Castlerea +353 (0)94 9620117
- Hannons Hotel – Roscommon + 353 (0)90 6637644
- Abbey Hotel – Roscommon +353 (0)96 626240
- Gleesons Hotel Roscommon +353 (0)90 662 6954